Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Location

To: "Reicher, James" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Location
From: Bill Coleman <>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 23:01:37 -0400
On Apr 15, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Reicher, James wrote:

> I'm seriously considering moving my rotor from the top of my tower
> to a
> spot in the bottom section so that it will be easier to reach for
> maintenance.

Does your rotator break down that often? For what they do, rotators
are pretty rugged pieces of equipment. If yours is constantly
breaking, perhaps you need to move to a larger rotator?

What maintenance needs to be done on a rotator? I've had my 30-year
old Ham-M on the tower for five years without a hitch.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901