[TowerTalk] Planning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Planning
From: "James" <>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:21:14 -0400

There have been several postings here Re: Neighbors think antennas

Are ugly.

Through the years while I was working I heard many comments that people
retire and move to condo’s in Fla. or Arizona and cry that they cannot
operate their Ham Radio.

I have some observations.

You could get with other hams so situated and start a club – buy a house
without antenna restrictions and operate as one of the group.  The Findley
Ohio club has a great antenna farm next to I 75 and an oil storage company.

What I did is decide that I did not want to live in a congested area.  I do
not need to play golf every day nor do I need convenient shopping.

We do most all of our shopping on the internet and UPS can now find our
house after we provided them with a map.

Where I am zoning is no problem.  I am zoned rural agricultural.

I don’t think I will live long enough for the area to get crowded.

The above does not deal with people moving close by after you have your
tower situated and create a problem.

30.10366 N

83.12260 W

Joan & Jim