[TowerTalk] 25g unguyed

To: <daron@wilson.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25g unguyed
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:19:57 +0000
It's been a while since I looked at the Rohn commercial
catalog/spec book.  My recollection is that 30' above
a bracket or guy, with 2 sq. ft. load was permissable,
in a 70mph wind zone.

Much of the confusion here relates to shifting spec
requirements over time, imposed by Rohn's insurance
carriers.  Some of it was done to make amateurs go away.
We were never a major portion of their business, and
posed a significant portion of their risk.

The original post had to do with putting a small FM antenna
up, at a studio site.  Frankly, all he had to do is house
bracket the 25g, and he'd be fine.

We got off in the weeds with this one, methinks.

N2EA