Re: [TowerTalk] EHS or Philly?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EHS or Philly?
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:19:55 -0500
I'm using Phillystran to hold up 100 feet of Rohn 25
here at K4RO.  For the first 7 years I used unbroken
1/4" EHS.  Then in late 1997, I changed all of the guy
wires (twelve of them, with a star bracket) to Phillystran.
I don't see much if any difference in stretch between the
two types, once the initial installation is tensioned properly.
I use a Loos guage to measure the tension twice a year, and
I don't see the Philly stretching now after 9 years in the air.

-Kirk  K4RO