Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:17:35 -0700
At 07:12 AM 5/18/2006, doc wrote:
> > Just hate to see people try to profit on and create new fears in an
> > uninformed public to the detriment of the hobby.
>Has anyone communicated with the site owner?
>Perhaps he/she could be invited to a Club meeting
>or to visit an EOC and be educated about the value
>and safety of antennas.
>Perhaps the site owner does not know about the
>recent FCC regs re. transmitting antenna safety?

Uhh.. I don't think the site owner cares.  What he/she wants is folks to
send in their ten bucks to get what is, in health terms, a useless report.

>It may turn out that with some gentle education
>the site owner could be turned to promoting Ham
>antennas and towers as important to public safety
>during emergencies.

Not unless you can show them a way to make money from such promotion.  Fear
sells.  It is a FAR more effective propaganda technique than positive selling.

There's the idea:  You and your loved ones may be in danger unless you
allow that ham to have his tower!