[TowerTalk] KT34A and no tower

Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34A and no tower
From: "Scott Stembaugh" <>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:45:04 -0400
I am picking up a KLM KT34A tomorrow, but I have no tower to mount it
on yet.  How risky is just mounting it and the rotor (hd-73) on a mast
approximatley 27' in the air?  The 20' mast will be mounted to the
house at 3' and 18'.  The antenna will be approx 6' above the rotor.
Am I taking a bad risk or should I be OK for the short term?  What is
the minimum sized mast I should use below the rotor?

The specs on the beam are 16' boom, 25' longest element, and 45lbs.

Thanks and 73,