Re: [TowerTalk] KT34A and no tower

To: "Scott Stembaugh" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KT34A and no tower
From: "Mike Brown" <>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 04:42:07 -0000
Scott, that's a nice antenna and I know you have to be anxious to use it. If
at all possible, I'd wait until you can get a tower up even 30ft would be
better then nothing. Towers anymore, unless they are really good, can be had
for free around here for taking them down. Do you have a "tower guy" around?
We do in this area and he is safe and has climbed for some commercial jobs.
I got lucky and he gave me a 40' tower for helping him take one down (ground
crew). I have 70' of Rohn 25 to put up, but between guying issues and
finances, it's in the garage for now. Good luck, but be sure to be careful.
A 2m beam and rotor you can stick on a mast by yourself, but I'd make sure
to find some experienced help with a KT34A.

Take care....

73, Mike K9MI