Re: [TowerTalk] Toyota RF Problems (was Honda HF antennas)

To: "'Jim Brown'" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Toyota RF Problems (was Honda HF antennas)
From: "W4ZW" <>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:48:12 -0400
> The Toyota Sequoia is an RF DOG -- the body is virtually
> unbonded to itself, thanks to lots of paint between all of
> the hardware that bolts it together.

This brings up a good question.  I installed a 9' SS whip on the luggage
rack of my 2005 Cadillac Escalade which worked great with a Kenwood AT-300
auto-tuner but I had S9 engine noise.  I often use a pushup flagpole mast
with the under-the-tire ground bracket for portable operation, but would
like to have a more mobile setup.

Which, if any, of the current SUV's have a good record for ready to go
mobile antenna operation?

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW
Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

(For list purposes, I guess my SUV in this instance  is my "tower")