Re: [TowerTalk] NO modern JEEP RF interference Problems

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NO modern JEEP RF interference Problems
From: "K6XN" <>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:27:14 -0700

For whatever its worth my xyl Laine, K6XXN,  and I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee
Ltd with the 4.0 liter 6 cylinder engine and a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
with the 4.7 liter V8 engine each running a Yaesu 857D on HF,VHF and UHF. We
have experienced *no* ignition interference or RFI problems of any kind with
these vehicles using the Yaesu FT-857D and the Yaesu ATAS-120 HF antennas
plus VHF/UHF antennas.

73, Ted, K6XN

Ps We also have a 1943 Willys WWII military Jeep (almost completely
original) but that is a long story re what was involved in solving all of
its HF, VHF and UHF ignition interference issues :-)