Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran for Wire Dipoles in Trees?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran for Wire Dipoles in Trees?
From: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:19:52 -0400
Just wondering if running your rope thru one half of a good sized strain
insulator (502) might be a better working surface than a pulley? Of
course, once the rope wears thru the glaze, it will come down pretty
quick but I've had an inverted L suspended from the top of my 60ft tower
for 3 or 4 years with 1/8 inch Dacron and it is still up. Hmmm, maybe I
should look it over the next time  go up...

Mike / W8DN