Re: [TowerTalk] Wireless ISP on Ham tower

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wireless ISP on Ham tower
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:55:41 -0700
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:49:33 -0700, StellarCAT wrote:

>I have a wireless router/network system in the house and it is
>TERRIBLE for noise on the bands. Birdies all over the place.

Don't be so quick to blame the wireless component of the system for
this noise. Simple Ethernet hubs, switches, and access points
(within PC's) are well known sources of exactly the kind of trash
you are hearing. Most of it is radiated by the Ethernet cable(s) and
power cable. Some of it is radiated directly from the unshielded
enclosure of the box.

See the tutorials on my website for specific info and methodes of
getting rid of it (or at least making it a lot weaker).

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

You want the tutorial and PPT pdf's on ferrites for suppression.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC