[TowerTalk] MATV-Quality FM Broadcast Yagi

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MATV-Quality FM Broadcast Yagi
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:06:11 -0700
I have a tough reception condition at my new QTH -- a LPFM is 1.5
miles away and on the same channel as San Francisco's great jazz
station (KCSM). Luckily they are about 160 degrees away in azimuth,
so I may have a chance if it throw a serious antenna at it (and maybe
even a cancelling antenna to null the LPFM. I'm having a hard time
finding good choices though -- the two best bets seem to be a 10
element Winegard and a 13-element model (12 ft boom) from Antenna
Performance Specialties. Both cover the entire FM band, but I care
only about the bottom 4 MHz, so I'd gladly buy a narrow band antenna
that is tweaked for a bit more gain and F/B. And F/B is far more
important than an extra few dB of gain.

Any ideas?  Other options? Is there an MATV product that might be
narrow band?  Has anyone used the APS product or know anything about
them?

Please email me off list, since this is a bit off topic.

Thanks,

Jim Brown K9YC