[TowerTalk] Radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials
From: <doktorij@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:24:37 -0400
I've used wire as small as 22 AWG for radials. They are still doing a fine job
3 years later. My radials are slightly buried so that the mower doesn't get
'em. I had some 10 AWG I also put in, a mower will eat that just as well.

If you use smaller guage wire, you may wish to leave a little slack at the
common point, particularly is the ground freezes in your area. A little wiggle
room is worth the extra inch or two.

Check you local electrician or junk yard for end of reel deals. I bought
15,000' 16 or 18 from an automobile supply house online for $35 (shipping was
brutal tho')

73,
Julius
n2wn