Re: [TowerTalk] re Radials

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>,towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re Radials
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:44:35 -0400
Bill:  You are probably not a dx hound.  Lowering the angle is
EVERYTHING to many of us.  I agree dipoles at less than 1/2 wave high
are excellent for close in work and when the dx arrival angles are
high.  They will not compete well when the angles are low.  Ideally we
have both in our arsenal and use whichever is the better antenna at the
moment.  Me, for my operating interest if I had to choose but one it
would be a good vertical.  I use my horizontal 80 meter antenna less
than 5% of the time I'm on 80. 73 bob de w9ge