[TowerTalk] DX Engineering Horizontal Receive Antenna

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Horizontal Receive Antenna
From: "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:29:14 -0500
I'm working on my home stealth antenna installation.  Currently I'm using a
29' vertical mounted on my fence with 2 radials fed with an SGC-239 tuner at
the base.  For transmitting it works extremely well.

On receive its picking up all the noise in the neighborhood.  I ran a quick
test with a dipole running along the fence line cut for 20 meters and the
noise was dramatically reduced on that band.

The Active Horizontal Receive Antenna - DXE-ARAH-1P looks very intersting.
I could mount it on my chimney with a small tv rotor and use it for receive.

http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=888&PLID=163&SecID=79&DeptID=12&PartNo=DXE%2DARAH%2D1P

Has anyone tried one of these yet? results?

Thanks in advance.

Rich - N5ZC