[TowerTalk] Need Advice: US Tower, RMC-1000 Power Relay Sparking

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Advice: US Tower, RMC-1000 Power Relay Sparking
From: "Paul Price Jr." <k5hsv@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:11:06 -0700 (PDT)
I purchased a US Tower, HDX-555 with RMC-1000 used. After setting everything up
I put the power to the MDP-750 motor drive and got sparks at the contacts of
the Power Relay. I called US Tower and was told what part to order from Granger
(power relay). Did that, replaced it and still getting sparks. I have to hold
pressure on the new relay, just as I did on the old one in order to get the
tower to raise and lower... which it does flawlessly with the pressure on the
contact bar. When the power is turned on the relay contacts click and make
contact, however, when the switch is flipped on either the local or remote, the
contacts spark unless pressure is applied to the Power Relay. Any
suggestions??? I need help on this one.

  TNX/ 73s,
Paul - K5HSV

Best 73s,