Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Rope - Hy-Gain HG70-HD Crank Up

To: britech@earthlink.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Rope - Hy-Gain HG70-HD Crank Up
From: wn0x@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:18:46 -0400 (EDT)
Good idea Allen.

I have the winch option for my 52SS including the remote control.  I confess
that I much prefer to be at the tower base when raising/lowering.  There is not
much original left as the cabling, brackets and limit switches have been
replaced.

I am glad to have the 70HG but it has had a long and useful life and is
definately showing it.  This particular tower made several trips across the US,
been in storage, erected several times etc.

It has also supported several CW SS contests from an excellent CW op, so I am
hoping it will bring me good luck for the SweepStakes this year.  I would love
to get my first sweep.  I think this is possible from the midwest :).

Keep you posted.

Rich