Re: [TowerTalk] one last question

To: Eugene Hertz <ehertz@tcaf.org>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] one last question
From: wn0x@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:30:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I cannot speak for copperweld, but have had excellent luck with flex-weave over
the years.

I live on a the top of a very windy hill and it has held up very well to the
constant blowing about and several severe thunderstorms.

I only replaced it recently because I got part of it hung up on the tower base
during a raising operation, which is finally what it took to break it.

There has been minor fraying over the years at the cut ends, which I have since
solved by using shrink wrap around the strain relief loop.

I would definately spend the extra and purchase the tinned version.  This will
allow you to solder to it much easier after it has been up a few years.

Also, for tuning purposes I always leave plenty of extra on the end and just
wrap it up along the end and use a wire tie to secure it.