Re: [TowerTalk] staples for radials

To: Joe Barnes <n4jbk@bellsouth.net>,TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] staples for radials
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

  I just did this for my 1/4 wave 40 meter verticle.  I was even cheaper than
cheap.  I got some #12 galvanize wire from the local hardware store.  I paid
pennies for 15 to 20 feet of the stuff.  Hardware stores should have this kind
of wire.  I then cut 6 to 8" lengths.  I then took a long 1/2 inch
bolt....secured it in my vice and proceeded to bend each length in a hairpin.
They were about 4" long and worked great.

  Lee - K0WA
  \

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common
sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.