Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:37:33 -0700
Sure Kelly, That would be easy.

To give you some ideas, head down to your local US Rentals and look at a
"light tower".  I used to build these as well as other traffic control
trailers.  Our club owns a home built tower trailer and my experience
with it has taught me what NOT to do.

You first need to decide how much money you want to spend and if you are
going to build one from scratch or convert an old watercraft trailer.

Also, do you want the tower easily removable or more of a permanent
fixture.

So many options!  I recommend installing 6" PVC with Weather Guard
covers to transport antenna elements.
http://www.toolup.com/productinfo_froogle.asp?pid=%7B6C97E045-7B2C-41C1-B7C4-A0EB298413EE%7D&AdCamp=Froogle

You got questions, I've got answers...about trailers anyway...

Dino  -  K6RIX
dino@k6rix.com