Re: [TowerTalk] Bonding Tower Sections

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bonding Tower Sections
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:43:49 -0500
Don't put copper in contact with galvanized steel.  It will remove the
zinc and the steel will rust and may fail.  Clean joints should be
sufficient.  Conductive anti-corrosion compound appropriate to
galvanized steel is a good idea.  If you want further assurance of
continuity, for lightning protection and for RF performance, use
continuous galvanized fence wire from top to bottom or use insulated
copper wire attached to the tower legs through stainless steel or other
appropriate transition material.  Attach those wires to the tower legs
at top and bottom.

73 de WOØW