Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: mystery low band antenna between Chevroland Gou

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: mystery low band antenna between Chevroland Goujon, France (near St Emilion)
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:04:43 +0200
Eric Scace K3NA wrote:

> Photos of the mystery antenna were graciously posted by Kirk
> here:
>     http://www.k4ro.net/k3na/
>
> Thanks, Kirk!
>
> Maybe this will help the curious figure out what this system
> is all about.
It looks to me very much like an aeronautical non-directional beacon.

Post the exact coordinates of where it was, and no doubt someone will
look it up in the French AIP.

Keith
G3OIT

I agree with Keith.

The place to ask is of course the Clipperton DX Club.  They had a nice booth
in FN.

Quite a few of us are going down to their annual convention in
mid-september.
The venue is in Archachon, the oyster capital of France, so my XYL was keen
on us going !!!

73
" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.telemarksnett.no/en/index.html