Re: [TowerTalk] new AN-Wireless tower, floundaion question

To: "Jeff Goldman" <k3dua@erols.com>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] new AN-Wireless tower, floundaion question
From: <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:10:29 -0400
JC, Jeff et ux:

     Without stirring up some who don't like math (it has happened to me
before on this subject on this reflector), be careful that you don't exceed
the vertical bearing pressure of the soil by dumping concrete into the hole.
In other words, too much concrete in the hole spread over too small an area
(81 sqft in JC's case) could cause the foundation to sink into the dirt.

     Do the math before you deviate from the manufacturer's specs      -OR-

     Do what the manufacturer says.

Caveat Amateur.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F