[TowerTalk] Grounding base slab and pier tower bases

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding base slab and pier tower bases
From: <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:33:26 -0400
How often did you have lightning damage before you added the porcupine?

John KK9A

From: Doug Renwick
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:06:37 -0600

Not true in my case.  Before I installed the porcupine my
mast bleed off the charge.  A number of years ago I added
the porcupine and my mast/porcupine combo still bleeds off
the charge.  In other words, my addition of the porcupine
did not have a negative effect.  In almost 30 years I have
not had any lightning damage.  One of my mottos is
'experience trumps theory EVERY time' and this is another