[TowerTalk] pushup poles

To: <>, <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pushup poles
From: <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:52:17 -0400
A lot of the QRP folks swear by these:

You could also buy a pole from SteppIr (replacement for the vertical)

Then there are the ubiquitous surplus 44" fiberglass poles on ebay and
elsewhere (probably your local hamfest) They aren't pushup, but are pretty easy
to erect up to about 44' (wobbly as all hell, but doable by one person). I've
used them for a 40M half square support. They definitely need to be painted

Another cheap and easy to find item to use is the grey electrical plastic
pipes. They come in 10' sections at home depot and lowe's, and 20' sections at
electrical supply houses. Start with a large diameter for the bottom and step

Been looking at the k9ay myself, but think I'll try a BOG first...

Good luck and see ya on the Top Band.