Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Ground Connections

To: "Gary Schafer" <>,"'Roger D Johnson'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Ground Connections
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:47:33 -0700
At 11:50 AM 7/6/2006, Gary Schafer wrote:

> [...]

There is a substantial difference between low temp, lead-tin type, soft
solders and hard solder/brazing rod.  I would think that silver based hard
solder would be a better conductor than the copper it's bonding, and is
quite mechanically strong.  Likewise, I wouldn't expect it to corrode
particularly quickly, assuming appropriate metal combinations are
chosen.  For instance, there's a lot of refrigeration tubing out in the
weather that's hard soldered/brazed, as well as various and sundry
automotive components in harsh environments.