[TowerTalk] Tower thrust bearing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower thrust bearing
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 04:21:24 GMT
I had good service from an automotive clutch "throw out" bearing.

I used it primarily to transfer the vertical load to the tower top

so as to allow the rotator to handle only torque.

Good news: "Throw out" bearings are cheap, tremendously strong and

     easy to purchase at your nearby auto parts store.

Bad news: You will have to find a counter person willing to let you

     "go through" several boxes until you find the right one for

     your mast diameter.

73,

Tim Colbert  K3HX

PS  QRP ARCI CW contest this Sunday, 09 Jul 1600-2000 EDT

     www.qrparci.org