Re: [TowerTalk] generators/transfer switches etc Re:YetAnotherLightning

To: "'Clay Curtiss W7CE'" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] generators/transfer switches etc Re:YetAnotherLightning Strike
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 21:55:38 -0400
Hi All!
I heard a discussion lately, where folks are installing 12-25KW propane
generators in areas where propane is used for cooking and/or heating air
and/or water.
Get a big tank and you're set when the grid goes or when your panels or wind
generator can't hack it.

It may be a good trade-off to the expense of buying a bunch of 12V stuff in
an off-grid environment as well.  For example it might also be a good idea
for peak load scenarios like when you run the washer or the vacuum cleaner.

Vy 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT