Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding vs Silver Solder for Ground RadialSystems

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding vs Silver Solder for Ground RadialSystems
From: <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 10:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

Don't do it!

Braid is a terrible choice for lightning or RF grounding, and its
much worse outdoors where corrosion will be a factor.   You
won't find a single knowledgeable source who would ever
recommend braid for lightning protection outdoors.

Your best choice is solid copper wire.  Tinned 2 AWG solid
copper is the "gold standard."