[TowerTalk] Grounding

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding
From: "James" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:50:04 -0400

In recent TT conversations it was pointed out that one should NOT use
braided line for grounding.  Well Just @#(*$% !  I thought I was doing a
good thing when I used the only length of 1 inch wide braid to connect the
longest(deepest) ground rod to the tower with braid.  This is also the
connection that has all the ‘lightning arrestor’ mounted to it.

My other ground rod connections are made with 1/2 inch copper tubing.

I drilled and tapped the top of the ground rods and flattened the tubing and
connected the tubing to the rods with Stainless bolts and conductive grease.

My question is.  Should I replace the braid with copper tubing?  It is
doable but would add another project to a long list.

BTW – one could use metal chimney sweep brushes instead of the expensive
porcupines – if one wanted to install a porcupine.

I’m not going to tell you where I live because I don’t want anyone else to
come here and mess up the place – and raise taxes – So there!

Joan & Jim

On The River

Checked by AVG Free Edition.