Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas

To: <wa3afs@inav.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Multiple Inverted L Antennas
From: "hasan schiers" <schiers@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:52:36 -0500
Hi Bruce,

The only way for the bandwidth of an inverted L to be broad is if there are
excessive losses.

If you measure the resonant impedance at the feedpoint and compare it to the
known radiation resistance of the antenna, you may see why yours is so
broad....unless we aren't talking about the same antenna. Any 1/4 wave
vertical that shows very broad VSWR is operating with very high
losses...there is no other way to get broad band performance out of a
standard 1/4 wave vertical, as far as I know.

You might provide the details of your "coaxial" inverted L's....if they
follow the pattern of the double bazooka dipoles, then we know that it is
losses that account for the broadbandedness...but in any case, it will be
interesting to hear what exactly you are doing. Please tell us more.

73,

..hasan, N0AN