[TowerTalk] clearing EMT obstruction

Subject: [TowerTalk] clearing EMT obstruction
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:45:29 EDT
Try a "cutting" type bit (forstner)instead of normal twist drill which will
tend to auger into the material in stead of chipping and removing  material.
The rubber cable is to soft for a twist drill to work  correctly.   You might
even try a "spade" blade (half the diameter of  the tubing) as it will not
twist into the material.  But caution, it can  grab and spin you around. Keep
speed low and advance into the material  slowly.
Norm W4QN

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:29:39 EDT
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cord stuck in EMT

>The easiest way would be to use a tubing cutter  and cut the emt off  about
2-3 inches below where the cord is broke  off. After replacing the cable
add a coupling and a new short  piece of EMT.

Yes, but "the EMT is buried in cement."
I couldn't  drill out the cord.  It destroyed the drill.
The sides of the cord  seem to be stuck to the
inside surface of the EMT. Both ends of the  EMT
are in exposed boxes but the EMT itself is
encased in cement. BIG  problem if I have to
chop out the EMT and replace. Next idea,  please.

Geoff, K6TFZ