Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Installation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Installation
From: (Phil Camera)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:53:05 +0000

Use solid bare copper wire to connect to the ground rods, #4 bare solid at min.

No need to tie each legs' ground radial together, they're already tied together
at the tower.

Polyphaser recommends 65-75 feet of ground radials per leg.  With eight foot
ground rods this would be 5 ground rods per leg.  I'd increase that over what
you're planning; don't cheapen your ground system at this point.

No need to tie the legs to the concrete; concrete is conductive so you'll get
that benefit.

And, I'm a staunch supporter of CadWelded connections for a fool-proof,
maintenance free solution.

You're on your way.

Phil  KB9CRY