Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding the tower..alternatives

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding the tower..alternatives
From: Rick Ellison <rellison@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:35:36 -0400
While on the subject of grounding I have a question.
I have 2 towers one I installed and one the previous home owner installed. My
tower I have grounds coming from each leg hitting 3 ground rods.

The one the previous owner installed is a 30 foot crank-up that I only use for
a 2 meter vertical at the moment. When installing the tower instead of pouring
concrete He had 15' x 1/2" thick 3"x3" angle iron x3 legs that has been
reinforced in the last 2 feet Pressed into the clay that we have under our
grass. I never really thought about grounding this tower because it is direct
contact with the earth. But should I add more grounding to this??

73's Rick N2AMG
Aim:n2amg
Yahoo:n2amg