[TowerTalk] Copper Strapping Clamps

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copper Strapping Clamps
From: <>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:16:35 -0400
I've used dozens of the 58R-112S Polyphaser clamps and I don't think that
$14 /each is unreasonable when protecting your system from lightning.  The
tower that I had in Illinois was hit by lightning numerous times.   The
problem with the Polyphaser clamps is they are made for 5/8 ground rod and
the ground rod that is readily available from your nearest home center is
undersize.  To use their clamps, I had to make shims out of copper pipe.
I'm curious how Bill is able to clamp 1 1/2 wide copper strap to a 5/8
ground rod with a hose clamp, especially if the strap is running to more
then one ground rod as recommended by Polyphaser.

John KK9A

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper Strapping Clamps
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:30:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2006 11:20:58 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time, writes:

After  considerable research on the 'net the only clamps I've found for
fixing  the runs to copper ground rods are the ones made by polyphaser
available  for around $14 ea.

Stainless steel hose, effective!

Bill K4XS