[TowerTalk] Aluminum nesting crank-up pole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum nesting crank-up pole
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:47:45 -0400
I've had this surplus pole for about 20 years, I believe it was
originally for an Army lighting systgem. I'm refurbishing it prior to
installing it on the Intergalactic Roving Battle Jitney for the
september VHF test.

I've disassembled it and cleaned it up, but I can't come up with a way
to clean the insides of the tubes (especially the smaller ones. Lots
of gunk in there that needs to come out for it to run smoothly ..

Other question is whats the proper lubricant to use? I think the
bottom bearing is steel against aluminum and the top is
aluminum/aluminum. Lithium grease?

tnx de w1rt/john