[TowerTalk] Guying Lengths Revisited

Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying Lengths Revisited
From: "jknodel M Knodel" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:27:18 -0700
Greetings all,

Thank you to all those that have answered my previous tower questions.  My
project is still in the works and I have yet another question...

Do you think it would be feasible to guy a Rohn 25 tower at less than the
specified 80% and still have it be a "safe" installation?

I would like to put up 60' and guy it at about 60% (36') or even 50' and guy
it at 72% (36').  I could guy a 40' tower to the full 80% but of course,
would like to go higher with limited space for guys.  I plan to install a 3L
SteppIR and dipoles that would put the tower at about it's limit for wind
load according to the Rohn charts.  I could sacrifice some of the windload
for added height though if needed.  Any thoughts or help would definitely be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Jon N7XW