[TowerTalk] Lubricant to loosen rusty bolts?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lubricant to loosen rusty bolts?
From: "tom scott " <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:35:07 -0700
I imagine there are a whole bunch of favorite formulas out there. I am soon
going to be climbing an old tower, to oil the bolts which all show some rust,
with the idea to make it easier to get them apart soon when I will be
dismantling the tower.

What lubricant do you use to help get rusted bolts apart? And how long would
you wait after treatment?

I plan to climb it once to apply some sort of penetrating oil, and then in a
day or a few days later, climb it again to begin dismantling it.

Tom Scott - kd7dmh
Beaverton, Oregon