[TowerTalk] Fw: [SteppIR] 3El height

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: [SteppIR] 3El height
From: <>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:01:20 -0400
The original question ( )
inquired if the angle of radiation could be changed by adjusting the element
lengths of 3 element SteppIR.  Turning the antenna (even with an azimuth
rotator) won't change the angle of radiation.

John KK9A

To: "Towertalk"
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [SteppIR] 3El height
From: "Tom Osborne" Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:20:37 -0700

I guess I don't understand why someone would want to do all this to shift
the pattern of the antenna in a different direction.  Why not just rotate it
in the direction you want the pattern to go?  I don't think there is any way
to make it have more gain.  73