Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [SteppIR] 3El height

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>,"'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@verizon.net>,"'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [SteppIR] 3El height
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:07:23 -0700
At 01:21 PM 7/29/2006, N2TK, Tony wrote:
>Yeah, stack two of them to do that.
>N2TK, Tony

Sure.. two antennas would make it easy, but with the SteppIR, you can do it
with just one.  Not necessarily the same performance as a dual antenna
setup, but might be good enough.  After all, for the local paths, the path
is shorter, so the fact that you've split your power into two "off
horizontal" lobes (one high, one low)might not be much of an issue.  And,
anyway, a lot of the advantage of beam antenna (particularly on receive) is
not so much in the gain, but in the directivity:  You wouldn't have to
listen to those DX thunderstorms (or broadcasters)

Jim, W6RMK