[TowerTalk] rhombic antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rhombic antenna
From: "bob" <wf3h@vsswireless.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:17:55 -0500
I'm thinking of erecting a rhombic for 20M. From what I've read, the angle at
the feed point, and the angle at the legs determines the F/B and F/S ratio.
Also, it seems to be best to feed it with ladder line. In addition, folks
who've done it say it can be used from 1/2 to 2X the resonant frequency with
great effectiveness.

The biggest issue is support it. I don't have a bunch of telephone poles, and
am thinking of getting a few of the 'push up' masts that could be used around
the property, but am not sure if these will handle the weight of the wire and
the intermittent wind loading here in Dallas, TX.

A few years ago, a bunch of guys and I from the Frankford Radio Club visited
WOO's receive site at Manahawkin, NJ where they had dozens of rhombics for
maritime comms. They obviously worked great.

So what say you Talkians? Experiences? Ideas?

Thanks all!

Bob/WF3H

It has removed 791 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!