Re: [TowerTalk] Side mount

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Side mount
From: <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:34:14 -0500
Bob is looking for a side mount:

"I would like to add a side mount bracket to my Trylon 50' tower in order to
a vertical antenna. Original Trylon side mounts both light or medium are very
duty to my application and there is no need to have a 50-110 pound bracket on
the side
of the tower in order to hold 2 pound vertical antenna.

Is there any company that manufactures side mounts for above purpose ?

Thanks in advance.

Bob, I used pre-drilled angle stock from the local home store. Holes seemed to
line up reasonably well. Used 2 of them about 18" or so apart vertically.
Extend out from the tower about 24" or so. Has held a 2 meter "J-pole" up for
about 15 years now. Used plated u-bolts from the same store.
Of course I do check the install at least once a year.

Good luck
K9WN Jake