Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 244 HY-QUAD

To: "Juan A. Victoria" <ea4dat@terra.es>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 244 HY-QUAD
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:52:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Juan - I don't know about the "Efficiency", but I've had three of the Hy-Gain
model 244 HY-Quads over the years. They always worked very well on all three
bands 20/15/10 Meters. The SWR was below 2:1 on all three bands, across the
bands (even on 10-MEters 28.0 to 29.7).

I changed to a Lightning Bolt Quad instead of staying with the Hy-Gain, since
there were no longer any replacement parts available for them like the aluminum
stranded wire, Gamma Match parts, etc. Also, the Lightning Bolt Quad covered
6-bands (20 through 6-Meter bands, including WARC). The Hy-Gain Quad was a very
strong quad with metal spreaders, while the Lightning Bolt used fiberglass
spreaders. But now Lightning Bolt is no longer in business, so I can't get
replacement parts for that one, either.

Larry