[TowerTalk] WTB - Climbing belt and adjustable "pole" strap

To: "'TowerTalk'" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WTB - Climbing belt and adjustable "pole" strap
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:14:56 -0700
I don't want to rekindle the whole tower climbing safety issue, just buy a
good belt and strap.  I already have a number of safety harnesses and a new
shock-absorbing Y lanyard with gorilla hooks.  My harnesses all have front
mounted D rings (on the main lift web) and one has a back mounted D ring as
well.  I am also installing a lifeline safety cable system on the tower so
I'm pretty well set safety-wise.  What I want is a lineman's belt so I can
lean back comfortably while working, and since I have a tapered tower I need
an adjustable (preferably with one hand) "pole" strap.  The front mounted D
rings on the harnesses don't work very well in this application (some are
better than others, but none are great).  Does anyone have a belt and/or
strap they would like to sell?  I'm a size 38, but of course the belt has to
go over my clothes.  Even if you don't want to sell it, if you have a belt
or strap you particularly like please tell me what it is and where you got
it.  The combo belt/harness setups look neat, but I already have safety
harnesses and don't want to get too spendy.

Thanks & 73 - JC, K0HPS