[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Windows

To: "Gary Schafer" <>,"'Tower Talk List'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Windows
From: John Bohnovic <>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:03:24 -0400
List-post: <>
At 06:59 PM 7/31/2006, Gary Schafer wrote:

>If the power comes into the opposite side of the house from where the
>antenna lines come in, the easiest way to handle that is to run a power
>cable to the single point ground panel. The power protection devices would
>mount on that panel along with the coax protection devices. The panel is
>tied to the ground system by a very short wide ground strap. If telephone
>lines go to the same equipment they would have protectors mounted to the
>same panel.


Just what do you mean by "run a power cable to the single point 
ground panel" when the power comes into the opposite side of the house?

Can you describe this power cable? What should it attach to on the 
other side of the house? Is it a live wire with only protectors 
connected to it at the single point ground?

Thanks es John/K4WJ
John Bohnovic
(954) 432-1467 house
(954) 240-9633 cell
(the cell phone is normally turned off unless I'm out walking or in the car.)


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>