[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57

To: Geert Hofman <>,
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57
From: ABowenN4OO <>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:57:26 -0400
G3RZP said:
>Incidentally, I haven't heard anyhting good about the Pro 57, but
>that's probably nopt worth much of an opinion.

Readers of the HF Tribander Performance by N0AX and K7LXC saw that
the PRO 57 showed very poor performance by comparison to other
tribanders. I owned one and can attest that a 5 band, 2 element quad
at the same height was superior (and the 3 el SteppIR is better yet).
I did not have the 40M elements.

The PRO 57 is a large load for most towers. I would not put it on an
anything but a very sturdy, guyed tower.