Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Radius vs Ant Height

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Radius vs Ant Height
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:48:17 -0400

> Its been a very long time since I ran an HF KW from a residence.  At a new
> QTH, I am contemplating doing so, using a yagi on a tower, say at 60 ft.
> am now at a fairly dense subdivision, shown here on a google map.
> See:

If you run it through an RF calculator you will find the higher you go the
smaller the circle at ground level for a given intensity.

OTOH for some strange reason the number of RFI complaints seems to be
proportional to height/visibility.

> Click on:

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2 (Use return address from home page)