[TowerTalk] Temporary 160 meter antenna question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary 160 meter antenna question
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 07:07:01 -0400
When we first moved to this qth I had a 40M extended double zepp up about 50
ft. I twisted the feeders together and fed as a T through an L network.
Lot's of rf in the shack. I ran a quarterwave counterpoise as Jim suggested
from the ground side of the L network out the shack window and through the
trees. That took care of the strayRF problems, and actually worked quite
well. I'm sure you could run the counterpoise on the ground and not
necessarily in a straight line. Might get by with something less than a
quarter wave as well. GL, just get on with what you can, and have fun!

73 de Lar K7SV