[TowerTalk] 22 ohms to 50 Ohms balun material

Subject: [TowerTalk] 22 ohms to 50 Ohms balun material
From: Tom Anderson <>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:19:19 -0500
Fellow Tower Talk veterans:

A friend of mine in South Africa wants to buy a 2.25" ferrite core to build
a balun to match 22 ohms to 50 ohms which is described in "Building and
Using Baluns and Ununs" by Jerry Sevick.  I don't have a copy of the book and
neither does he in South Africa, as he had simnply heard about the balun.  The
core material is being used to replace a coax cable/balun that KLM used on its
40m beam.  Only information I have from South Africa.  Anyone who might have a
copy of the book can tell me what type of ferrite material is needed to
construct thisa type of balun?  I told him I'd find it here and ship it to him
in SA.

Tom, WW5L