[TowerTalk] 80m Vertical Length Calculation

Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Vertical Length Calculation
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:14:08 -0600
The formula for calculating the 1/4 wave length of a wire
dipole is 234/freq.  As the diameter of the 'wire' increases
the length of the 'wire' decreases for a set freq.  Is there
a factor that can be applied to the 234/freq. formula to
correct for a larger diameter radiator?
In my case, what would be the new formula for a 5 inch
diameter radiator?

Doug Renwick  VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet
Saskatchewan, Canada
S0K 0Y0
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Date: 8/3/2006